The Learning Consultant I works in partnership with business leaders and Human Resource Business Partners to develop solutions to ensure our teammates have the knowledge, skills, and capabilities needed to succeed. The Learning Consultant I collaborates with
internal business partners as well as third parties to identify, design, develop, and deliver learning and development for specific lines of businesses. The Learning Consultant I establishes ongoing relationships to identify performance gaps, recommend solutions
and, build and implement learning and development experiences that drive or enhance business outcomes. The Learning Consultant I will continuously evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development solutions to ensure they drive performance and identify
additional support or change that can continue to coach, develop and improve individuals and teams.
• Partner with internal resources to identify and align learning and development programs to strategy and business unit execution
o Collaborate with HR Business Partners, business leaders, talent management teammates and other key stakeholders to build learning paths for key roles, job families and enterprise programs.
o Leverage understanding of strategic intent and priorities to assess business challenges, identify and diagnose performance gaps, recommend learning solutions, and build and implement experiences that drive outcomes.
o Serve as a learning and development thought leader, creating innovative solutions and sharing best practices with others.
• Design and develop learning and development programs, leveraging third parties as needed
o Design and implement learning solutions; bring in other members of the business and HR community to create holistic and sustainable solutions, including communications and change management strategies to ensure learning is imbedded into culture and common
o Partner with stakeholders to design and deliver blended learning solutions (subject matter experts, instructional designers, facilitators, etc.).
o Use instructional design expertise and leveraging technology to create concise, creative and effective learning solutions.
o Identify and leverage previously developed or purchased learning and development tools where appropriate.
o Support third party facilitators with ongoing communication, train-the-trainer events, development opportunities, observations and feedback loops for growth.
o Manage external vendor partners to ensure programs/products deliver expected outcomes.
• Drive delivery and continue to monitor and evaluate of learning solutions
o Demonstrate strong project management practices, including keeping all stakeholders and partners engaged and informed.
o Ensure the successful delivery of all learning offerings (e.g., registration/attendance management, program/event management, etc.).
o Facilitate instructor-led and virtual training demonstrating effective use of presentation/facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc.
o Evaluate and measure effectiveness of learning program delivery and recommend continuous improvement methods in partnership with business leaders and other HR partners.
This position reports to the Head of Learning and Development
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Development, I/O Psychology or Organization Development.
• Advanced certification in Organizational Effectiveness or a Certified Performance & Learning Professional (CPLP) preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in performance or learning consulting, training and development or instructional design required.
• 3+ years of HROD experience in the banking or finance industry preferred.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, needs assessment, instructional design theory, evaluation methods, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
• Experience holding workshops to define current and future state business performance-enabling capabilities and translating them into learning and development, communications, and change management needs.
• Ability to identify, negotiate and manage third party relationships for design and/or delivery of learning programs.
• Ability to design eLearning and blended learning solutions using common technology such as Articulate.
• Ability to independently lead small projects on-time, within budget and to client expectations.
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to design, to influence, to “think outside the box” and innovate new ways of developing and delivering solutions.
• Strong analytical, consultative and diagnostic skills and ability to make sound, data-based business decisions; utilizes data to solve problems of varying complexity.
• Demonstrates business and industry acumen. Has basic understanding of professional and industry standards and practices.
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent presence and ability to build and sustain professional relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage/balance multiple priorities, delivering a high quality work product on a timely basis.
• Possesses collaborative work style; able to work effectively in a team environment to achieve common objectives.
• Has a superior customer service focus and consulting mindset.
• Demonstrated Skills in the following Competencies:
• Decision Quality
• Customer Focus
• Ensures Accountability
• Instills Trust
• Optimizes work processes
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Demonstrates Self-awareness
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend