||Commercial Appraisal Reviewer
||This position is responsible for ordering and reviewing commercial and residential real estate appraisals, and performing evaluations and validations. The position may also be responsible for reviewing environmental assessment reports and recommending
further study when necessary.
• Order appraisals of commercial and residential real estate, and/or environmental reports, for Bank personnel. Competently understand a moderate level of complexity of real estate taken as collateral by the Bank. Must be able to advise Bank personnel on matters
of type of appraisal, types of values needed, required valuation scenarios, and/or environmental reports. Must be able to communicate requirements to external fee appraisers, and external environmental engineering firms, and know which service providers are
most appropriate for a particular assignment.
• Perform technical and administrative reviews of commercial and residential real estate appraisals, and/or environmental reports for compliance with law and policy, and for reasonableness and quality.
• Perform moderate level of complexity Evaluations and Validations.
• Consult with Bank personnel on all matters of real estate valuation, market data, and/or environmental risk assessment.
• Resolve valuation differences/discrepancies between appraisers and loan production staff while maintaining Appraiser Independence.
• Maintain knowledge of real estate value trends and property developments to ensure valuations conform to current market conditions.
• Train and provide assistance to other teammates in Credit Administration, Commercial and Consumer Lending (Real Estate) and other related departments
• Assist the Chief Appraiser in maintaining the Environmental Policy and related documents.
• Assist the Chief Appraiser with maintenance and quality control of the Bank’s Approved Appraiser list.
• Maintain effective relationships with external fee appraisers and other vendors.
• Perform periodic AVM vendor evaluation with the Chief Appraiser.
• Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations governing bank operations, including compliance with Union Bankshares’ BSA/AML Policy and Procedures.
• Assists with other work/projects as needed.
This position reports to the Chief Appraiser.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
• Three to five years of experience in an appraisal department/firm or in real estate lending
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated working knowledge of regulations affecting the appraisal industry to include FIRREA, USPAP and the Interagency Guidelines.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the practical aspects of real estate appraisal
• Previous experience or working knowledge of databases like Costar, MLS, Loopnet.com preferred
• Proficient computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven analytical skills
• Well organized
• Attention to detail
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, as well as within a team environment
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.