||Head of Learning & Development
As the Head of Learning and Development, you would lead the charge to execute a 21st century Learning and Development strategy.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this key role will be a leader who is passionate about creating a continuous learning culture who can drive the vision, strategy and execution of a Learning and Development platform across the organization.
This role is critical in driving the business strategy by developing bench strength in the organization. The ideal candidate must be passionate about learning and development and leading change in a fast paced, changing organization.
Continuously raise the bar on Learning and Development with the goal of having the bank recognized as a true learning organization with available on demand training.
• Develop, articulate and drive the learning and development strategy.
• Lead the design and implementation of new learning solutions; bring in other members of the businesses and HR to create holistic and sustainable solutions, to ensure learning is embedded into the culture and common place.
• Drive the renovation and expansion of enterprise learning including new teammate orientation, onboarding, compliance training, management and leadership programs and career pathing.
• Introduce and reinforce new learning methods and ideologies
• Lead with a digital mindset and skill set transformation and pave the way to best leverage digital technology in the design and application of learning - helping all teammates build digital capabilities.
• Develop a nimble and agile leadership curriculum that can scale and adapt as the organization grows and change
• Align our core, leadership and functional competencies with learning tools that drive continuous learning and integration of these competencies.
• Leverage data to develop L&D and Compliance Training Dashboards and KPI’s
• Develop, evaluate and manage the L&D space, costs across the footprint
Develop a strong learning and development team to play a consultative role to assist in diagnosing and delivering on the needs and providing effective solutions to address those needs.
• Align, manage and measure work of the learning and development team to ensure work is produced on time, in scope and with quality
• Lead the design, creation, development and delivery of training across the organization
• Model a consultative approach to ensure the Learning Consultants collaborates with key stakeholders to:
o understand the organizations strategic intent and priorities,
o identity and diagnoses performance gaps and develop programs to close the gaps,
o align and create concise and effective learning solutions using instructional design expertise and leveraging technology to create and implement a variety of learning solutions,
o drive change and continuous improvement
Develop strong partnerships with the Business and Functional Leaders, Talent Management and the HR business partners to ensure the development and delivery of relevant and effective training throughout the organization.
• Enhance the way the learning and development team partners with HRBP and supports the business to develop long-term development plans aligned to their strategic plans.
• Partnership with the HRPB and business to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to achieve their objectives and strategic intent.
• Lead the creation of team based development plans and learning and career paths for specific roles
Represent learning in broader PMO project efforts, ensuring an early focus on the implementation needs to ensure effective delivery in alignment with project timeline goals
• Manage a pipeline of learning projects with multiple deliverables and owners, keeping the team on track to deliver high quality products on schedule
Partner with talent management to align resources to support key processes and projects throughout the talent lifecycle
• Support the creation of a culture of coaching and development.
• Support the adoption of the performance development program through digital, blended and instructor led training to develop leadership muscle for people leaders and all Teammates
This position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Master's/Advanced Degree in in Learning and Development, Education, Organizational Development or closely related field preferred
• At least 5+ years of experience overseeing corporate learning and development function and team, including soft skills, leadership, sales training, compliance training, and job skills training
• Experience managing a LMS and has in-depth knowledge of the latest learning theories, technology/solutions, virtual learning, and practice in design, development, delivery and evaluation for online, live sessions and blended learning solutions.
• Experience in the financial industry strongly preferred
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong executive presence with both the ability and credibility to present ideas and recommendations at all levels within the organization and the Executive Leadership team
• Experience leading with a clear, compelling vision of where s/he wants to take the Learning and Development Team.
• Proven experience implementing vision and strategies around learning.
• Proven experience developing and managing L&D KPIs, budget and learning spaces
• Proven experience driving pro-active initiatives to support change
• Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, ability to see the big picture while also diving into the details as necessary
• Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Builds effective teams and develops talent: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspective to achieve common goals. Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organizational goals.
• Directs work and drives results: Provides direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Collaborates, customer focus and balancing stakeholders: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with other to meet shared objectives. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions. Anticipating and balancing the
needs of multiple stakeholders
• Organizational savvy – maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
• Action orientated and resourceful – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm, while securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend