||Commercial Support Supervisor
||Creates and maintains consistent procedures and assure quality output. Manages production to support department’s time service standards and quality standards. Manages the associated functions for the Commercial Lines department including creating, maintaining, and continuously improving all processes involved in leadership of the Commercial Lines Support team.
1. Maintains thorough knowledge of ISO, rating, department workflow and procedures, GainWeb and Mainframe modifications and update functionality in order to troubleshoot and assist team members. Maintain current knowledge of all policy and system operational procedures used in the Commercial Support Operation.
2. Works with Commercial Training Specialist/Team Leads to plan, develop and implement training procedures. Conduct discussions and educational sessions on work issues. Communicates ideas and develops consistent procedures. Assists in training associates as needed.
3. Calibrates on audits of Technician’s and Audit Specialist’s work to maintain consistency of entry, output, use of rules/rates, and file documentation.
4. Monitors and manages time service standards using reporting and data collection resources. Acts as liaison with Team Leads for Technician and Underwriter, workflow and processing related issues.
5. Monitors and manages premium audit processing to ensure accuracy of policy adjustments, timeliness and overall profitability of the unit. Handles disputes with agents and insured’s. Manages and reports on transaction activity of the unit. Updates guidelines to ensure that data obtained is beneficial to risk evaluation/pricing and results in a profitable operation.
6. Assists Commercial Support Manager on budget and execution of expense reduction strategies for Commercial Lines operations.
7. Conducts performance/salary reviews for direct reports and handles personnel issues.
8. Tracks issues and works with Commercial Lines QA and IT to resolve system defects and problems based on data/reports.
9. Works with Commercial Support Manager to determine appropriate staffing needs to ensure service standards are met during peaks and excess capacity is avoided during low volumes.
10. Maintains a skilled staff by recruiting and assisting Commercial Support Manager in selection of employees.
11. Reviews established operational reports and analyzes results to monitor team performance against objectives, including the use of proper procedures. Communicates results to Commercial Support Manager.
12. Works with Commercial Support Manager/Operations Analyst to interpret results that aid in the Coaching program.
13. Responsible for implementing and executing the Coaching program with team.
14. Serve as point person for issue escalation for their team and as backup for other Supervisors/Team Leads.
15. Maintains employee files, attendance records, overtime, and scheduling of vacation for team.
16. Monitors individual and team performance and prepares monthly reports as required by Commercial Support Manager.
17. Responsible for Performance Management process and Associate Development of team members and participates in calibration exercises.
18. Acts as Subject Matter Expert and project team member/lead for project work and user acceptance testing (UAT).
19. Embraces a culture of Continuous Improvement (CI) and actively identifies opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency and decrease waste, aiding in expense reductions for commercial lines operations.
20. Responsible for the same responsibilities described for Team Leads.
1. Be available for agency visitations to the Home Office and to agents or branch offices as needed.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
||High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or CPCU preferred. Minimum four years related commercial experience required. Must possess excellent communication, work management and analytical skills, and leadership qualities. Possess ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines. The desired candidate must be dependable (with excellent attendance), present a professional image, able to follow through on their own initiatives, and able to complete multiple tasks within established deadlines. Must have the willingness and ability to give, receive, and apply feedback. Proficient with personal computers and software applications (word processing and spreadsheet) required. Must be willing to continue learning and updating skills.
||Send This Job to a Friend