Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Education Requirements
• High School Diploma; Vo-Tech (Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school and/or training or journeyman’s papers are a plus.)
• 2-3 years related experience in injection molding or mold tech field
• Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must possess strong basic shop math skills
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Strong ASVAB score • Basic computer skills with internet experience
• Strong mechanical aptitude/ability with working knowledge of stamping presses, press controls, dies and tooling, feeders, straighteners and other equipment pertaining to auto blanking
Relevant Work Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous experience in auto-tech, maintenance or equipment repair
• Basic knowledge of mechanics, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry Competencies
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while cutting costs; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently. • Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly; wears all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Dependability and Attendance – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to work hours, arriving on time, each day; Completes tasks on time.
• Must pass and maintain current industrial lift truck certification Environmental/Physical Requirements Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms (which may include above and/or below shoulders); bend, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping; fine work, pushing/pulling and low speed assembly. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or
humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Ames offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.