||Manufacturing Operator 4
The Manufacturing Operator 4 in the Plastics Department is both a leadership role and skilled position that performs all jobs which requires a higher level of dexterity, physical ability,
and coordination to keep up with our fast paced production lines. This position may also support training of other Plastics Department employees. Operators will monitor, tend and or operate various pieces of high speed and manually operated equipment in
support of our injection molding process and finished goods assembly.
This position will work 3rd Shift, Sunday through Thursday, 11:00pm to 7:00am.
- Run/assemble all products, including understanding material and machine requirements, while meeting required production and quality rates
- Takes a leadership role on the shop floor. Acts as the ‘Cell Lead’ whenever assigned to a crew. Coordinates activities in their production cell or area assignment. This includes but is not limited to training, coaching, making sure that the operator
rotation occurs, the work are is clean, all standards are being followed and quality expectations are attained.
- Coordinate break relief schedule
- Perform all functions of the Hose Reel Cell assembly, break relief, pad printing, spider and regrind/rework operations
- Assist with routine set-ups involving product change over in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate the understanding of the machine requirements (standards) to be able to produce at productivity rates consistently to the standards within the department worked
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Address rework as required
- Demonstrate the understanding of all required paperwork to include but not limited to, the Bill of Materials (BOM), Hour x Hour sheet, basic tool prints, communication boards, standard work documents, quality visuals
- Perform operator fundamentals including: simple problem solving including ability to clear routine machine jams, identify and fix routine/repetitive problems, notify appropriate support person if unable to resolve problem themselves
- Perform visual and simple mechanical quality inspection of products being produced
- Demonstrate the understanding of Mattec functions and data input
- Regularly perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a normal pace; occasionally perform primarily pre-scheduled job duties at a rapid pace
- Follow the required standard work and achieve the published standard work goals
- Participate in continuous improvement through cost savings suggestions, CI Events, or other related activity
- Work and communicate in a professional manner with all business associates
- Must comply with all safety policies and procedures; including, but not limited to wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Follow all AMES’ Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to, training of others within job class, housekeeping, reporting labor & production, continuous improvement activities, etc.)
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Building Collaborative Relationships - Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with fellow co-workers and management team
- Communication & Presentation Skills - Ability to communicate, both orally and written, and present information effectively
- Customer-focused - Ability and desire to demonstrate concern for satisfying internal and/or external customers
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive information
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while cutting costs; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality and efficiency while hitting desired deadlines.
- Adaptability – Performs with a high degree of flexibility and can adapt to change in the work place.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; wears all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 – 3 Years of work experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information
- Strong mechanical aptitude/ability with working knowledge of stamping presses, press controls, dies and tooling, feeders, straighteners and other equipment pertaining to auto blanking
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Certification
- Press Training Certification
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Certification
- Pass and maintain current industrial lift truck certification and operate all equipment assigned to the department.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand on concrete floor with/without floor mats; walk; use hands handle or feel and reach with hands and arms (which
may include above and/or below shoulders). The employee is regularly required to use left and/or right hand for simple grasping, fine work, pushing/pulling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to distinguish changes in shade of color.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry up to 20 to 30 lbs. On a rare occasion, may be required to lift up to 50 lbs assisted.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to pounding and impacting. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes
or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Wearing PPE is required.
Ames offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend